THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. PLEASE UPDATE ANY BOOKMARKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO WWW.RAISINGGEEKS.COM

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Maker Faire Bay Area 2011 - Vehicles!

My son and I were amazed at the diversity of exhibits at Maker Faire - here are some pictures of a few of the vehicles we saw (not including the LEGO Van which was in the LEGO! post, and the LEGO Jeep which we didn't photograph for some reason)...

Electric Powered Stagecoach

I should have gone to see what was in that trunk...


Loved this Zeppelin



The original "Beetle"






There was a cool backstory on this one - it is a chariot pulled by a robot, and IIRC, it was solar powered. Made by a race car maker, but I don't remember the details...

Why not?!

The bicycle squeeze horn is a nice touch... 


They put powered wheelchair motors in these...I had a nice conversation with the woman who made this one, she was quite proud of it. She had to rework the folding mechanism to make it work...


That cannot be light...

This awesome on / off road racer was one of the few street vehicles at Maker Faire...

I didn't get a good shot of the car - this one is from their website



No comments: