THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. PLEASE UPDATE ANY BOOKMARKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO WWW.RAISINGGEEKS.COM

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Electronics Merit Badge: Kit from electronicsmb.com - Part 2

As mentioned in a previous blog post, I'm teaching the Electronics Merit Badge for Troop 6. Since my nephew is staying with us for the summer, I gave him the option of taking the class - and he did. He soldered his kit today, after doing "Intro to Soldering" last week.

More detailed step-by-step information can be found on this post...

He built the entire kit himself, I gave him a few tips, then left him to build it. He's now ready to build his next kit, we will have to find something fun for him - given his age and amount of texting, he needs the MintyBoost that holds two CAR batteries to keep his phone charged - so a big USB charger might be just the thing...














Don't tell him that I caught him smiling on camera :)


No comments: