THIS BLOG HAS MOVED. PLEASE UPDATE ANY BOOKMARKS TO GO DIRECTLY TO WWW.RAISINGGEEKS.COM

Sunday, April 17, 2011

April 17th: Indy Racing Experience

My family gave me the Indy Racing Experience for Christmas... I scheduled it for this weekend hoping for nice weather, and it was VERY nice.

The whole family went along, and they let the boys right by the car as I was getting strapped in...

All suited up!

Sure looks fast...

Posing for the picture that you KNOW you are going to buy at the end of your "experience"...

The sun was in their eyes - they were excited...

"Is now a good time to tell you I need to go to the bathroom?" :)


On my extra lap - apparently the instructor didn't see the checkered flag, so we took one more spin...

Done soooo soon...

So in the end, it was a LOT of fun. Very exciting even at only 135 mph max speed. I averaged a little over 105 for all my laps - you follow the instructor and he slows down if you get too close - and I did a few times :)

I was a little disappointed to hear that its a motorcycle engine, not a de-tuned INDY motor. The biggest surprise was NO SHIFTING. They were breaking clutches too often, so they start you in 5th gear and give you a push... Oh well...at least I didn't have to worry about screwing up the gear...

It was an awesome present, I'm a very lucky man :)

No comments: